Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe
These pancakes are always a hit in my house!
Write a review
- 3 whole free range eggs; room temperature
- 3/4 cup hot whole milk (either heat over stove or quickly in microwave)
- 1 ½ tablespoons of sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons of vanilla extract or ½ of a vanilla bean; scraped
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter; divided
- ¼ tsp salt
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- Fruit, powdered sugar, and syrup to top with
- Preheat the oven to 400° F.
- In a blender, combine the eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, and pinch of salt. Add 2 tbsp of melted butter and your hot milk to the mixture. Now, add in your flour. Make sure you're adding the flour last so it does not sit on the bottom when the blender's on. Blend on high until well incorporated.
- In a 12 inch oven proof pan, add 1 tbsp of butter, and put into the oven. Wait until the butter melts, and immediately pour the batter in. Cook in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes. Since everyone's oven is different, watch the pancake and take it out of the oven if it golden brown and puffed.
- After the dutch baby pancake is finished, be very careful to take the pan out of the oven as the handles are extremely hot.
- Transfer the pancake to a plate, top with fresh fruit, (I think blueberries complement it very well) and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Serve right away, and enjoy!
- In order for this recipe to be at it's best, make sure to have everything room temperature, and the milk hot in temperature.
Levi Eirinberg https://cheflevi.com/