Chocolate Chip Meringue Cookies
Write a review
- 350 grams powdered sugar; sifted
- 70 grams cocoa powder; sifted
- 3 egg whites; room temperature
- 15 grams vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 160 grams semisweet chocolate chips (Use less, or more depending on how much chocolate you like in cookies!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F° (175 degrees C°), and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift the powdered sugar and cocoa powder.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), combine the powdered sugar with cocoa powder and salt. Add in half of the room temperature egg whites at first, give it a good mix, and then add in the rest with the vanilla extract. It should have the consistency of a thick lava-like batter. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- With a mini ice-cream scoop or a rounded teaspoon, line the cookies a few inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Keep an eye out for them! Time varies since everyone's oven is different!
- Eat cold! These cookies are different than most normal cookies. When you eat these right out of the oven, they partly stick to your teeth since it is made from egg whites and powdered sugar. Let them chill in the refrigerator for an hour or two before eating them!
- As I mentioned above, I totally recommend eating these cold. If you let these sit in the fridge overnight, thats the most ideal in my opinion but you can experiment and let me know what you think by contacting me on my Contact page! Love to hear all of your feedback!
Levi Eirinberg http://cheflevi.com/